- I have found several cases where the code does not work.
- filesystem: has difficulty with UNCs
- named semaphores/mutexes: does not cleanup properly and does not use the underlying WIN32 primitives on MS-Windows.
- sockets: Counterintuitive model that is contrary to the way that BSD sockets work. For example, async_accept does not do an asynchronous accept!
- The source code is template mania. It is VERY hard to understand. Compare this with Poco or ACE where the code does what you would expect, more-or-less how you would expect.
- The code does not have a clean separation for those parts of the implementation that are platform-dependant. This is very hard to do well but Poco manages to pull it off nicely. Boost fails dismally.